Osteopathy is a system of diagnosis and treatment for a wide range of musculoskeletal conditions, ranging from long term pain to acute sports injuries. It works with the structure and function of the body to understand what may be causing or maintaining your pain or condition.
Osteopathy is only available at our Arnold Clinic.
Call 0115 956 2353 to book
Osteopathic techniques may include
- This involves taking a specific joint through either its full range of motion to increase movement or more gentle ranges of motion to reduce any swelling or irritation to the joint and its surrounding tissues
- Massage to your muscles, tendons and ligaments can be applied in a variety of ways to break down fibrous tissue and increase the blood supply and quality of the tissues
- Stretching whilst you contract your muscles in different ways, known as muscle energy techniques, can be applied to increase the length and strength of muscles, tendons and ligaments, whilst also breaking down scar tissue that may be present
- This involves a quick, sudden and controlled movement to be applied to any specific joint in your body. It is sometimes accompanied by a clicking noise, and can be used help to relieve pain and tension in various areas
- Throughout your examination and treatment, the way your body move’s and functions will be under continuous assessment, whilst also including an understanding of how your body moves during your day to day activities and exercise/sports you partake in
- Through the whole process your osteopath will aim to educate you on your pain and injury and advise how you can manage it yourself between treatments and longer term in the future